Saturday, January 10, 2009

Mary Kay Ate My Friend

Yes, I want to be your friend. No, I don't want to go to another Mary Kay party. Don't get me wrong, I love the stuff. I don't want to sell it. No, I'm not jealous that you get to stay home with your kids because you hassle your friends and family for a living. No, I don't want a pink Caddie.

Thank you for throwing me a baby shower. No, I won't throw a party. Please don't use the contact list I sent you for the shower to call all my friends and tell them I said they would be interested. They know me better then that.

If I want some soap I'll call you - better yet, I'll email. If you want to call me to hang out as friends, please do. Please don't call me and pretend to shoot the shit so that you can back me into a corner and then ask me to be a model for your party or drive to Egypt for a color match.

Thanks for being my friend. It just hasn't been as good since you started selling Mary Kay. I want my friend back.

1 comment:

  1. to the long list of evils such as mary kay add lia sophia, usborne books, numerous toy people, scrapbookers, stampers, and all the other make-up and jewelry people.

    i think at home comsults may have been created by the devil, just to tear apart famil yand friends. my sympathys on your loss.

    ReplyDelete